Saturday, August 23, 2014

Why?

After my last post it's quite appropriate that the next topic is "Why?"
Why would I want to go through all that trouble, work for myself, work extra hours and pay a lot of business-related taxes? Why do I choose to face the stress of creating my own income and running the extra mile for it?

It's so hard to explain. I could always say sewing and photography make me happy, which is true. But dogs and good food make me happy, too - yet, I wouldn't even consider becoming a dog breeder or a chef.

But designing, sewing, making something with my own hands... Or capturing a perfect moment on camera and being able to create feelings through my work. Those are things I can't live without. The older I get, the stronger I feel that creativity is the whole essence of my being. I need it. I absolutely need to do something creative to stay happy.

I'm not after the big bucks, fame or fortune. I do understand I need to make money to pay the bills and keep going, but money is not what motivates me. I'm not even sure if I want my business to grow into a bigger company, because being unique is what I'm going for.

I actually believe I've been carrying the same fire with me through my whole life, from the childhood when I was so fascinated by my Mum's sewing creations, through the school years when the art class felt like heaven on Earth. Then I lost it for a while as I grew up and got a job. But now it's back and I just want to let it burn.

(This month I am participating in a daily challenge by Create & Thrive. To see my daily posts you can follow me on Instagram.)

4 comments:

  1. Well, you're right and brave!
    I'm doing my 7th internship, and last year I discovered that all I wanna do is taking photos...I think I'm going to take photography as an hobby for now, but I want to try to make it my real work!
    I think you're talented, so I keep my fingers crossed for you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beina - Thanks for the encouragement! I believe if you really want something in life - and feel passionate about it - you should go for it. Often the only thing standing in your way is yourself... Your photography is beautiful so I think you really could work in that area! :)

      Delete
  2. Oi, miten hienoa, onneksi olkoon! Sinä olet tosiaan pannut tuulemaan ja olet omillasi. Rohkea ja hieno veto, toivotan kaikkea hyvää.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirjailijatar - Voi kiitos! Kiva kun tulit piipahtamaan. En ole kauheasti "pitänyt ääntä" tästä blogista vielä, mutta nythän täällä alkaa jo vähän olla juttujakin. Kiirettä pitää opintojen ja töitten parissa, mutta mukavaa kiirettä! :)

      Delete

Go ahead, make my day!